1 reply to this topic

#1 revenimus

revenimus

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

It has come to my attention that as of today, November 28th 2009, Alan C. Walter has passed away. While I don't want to talk much about it right now, Alan was an inspiration to me and without him, my recovery from Scientology would not have been possible. Alan was a tremendous being and was like a grandfather to me over the last four years.. He will be sorely missed.

#2 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hi Rev,
One thing we can agree on about Alan Walter is that folks either liked him or disliked him. I was in the latter category.
I casually met Alan in May of 1978 after he gave a speech advocating Flag services at a Flag Service Org event held at the University of Detroit auditorium.
In the early 1980's, while I was still a dupe of the scientology crime syndicate, I heard that he had left scientology and started his own version. After I left scientology, I encountered Alan on an email group and later a message board. In my dialogues with him, I found him to be hostile, lying and manipulative. Walter denied ever being in Detroit at that time of the event, denied ever meeting me, and put down self-improvement methods other than his own. I asked a friend who had been in scientology since the early 1970's about Alan and he informed me that he remembered seeing Alan Walter and Bob Thomas waiting to be routed into the first Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) on the Apollo. Evidently, Hubbard started the RPF as an attempt to fix up Walter and Thomas. (It did not have the effect Hubbard wanted, but Hubbard continued the RPF anyway.)
In the dialogues that I observed between Walter and other people, he habitually pushed money buttons. He promoted his own version of scientology, called knowledgism, often by telling people that they would make more money after receiving Alan's brand of counselling. Actually, Alan was just using one of the angles that Hubbard used to induce people into scientology services.
I hope that Alan finds peace.
And may God have mercy on his soul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users