#1 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

Omerta is a word in the Sicilian dialect of Italian that means, "the categorical prohibition of cooperation with state authorities or reliance on its services, even when one has been victim of a crime." The practice of Omerta happens to be used in organized scientology. Recently, we have witnessed retaliative libel and harassment, in the form of a bulk mailed magazine, against former scientology staff members who gave statements to the St. Petersburg Times about numerous instances of assault and battery from corporate head David Miscavige. While Miscavige may have been motivated by a tenet of scientology, "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause", the coerced silence of witnesses who want to remain scientologists is demanded in Hubbard's list of "suppressive acts" such as: "Public disavowal of scientology or scientologists in good standing with scientology organizations", "Public statements against scientology or scientologists but not to committees of evidence duly convened", "Reporting or threatening to report scientology or scientologists to civil authorities in an effort to suppress scientology or scientologists from practicing or receiving standard scientology", "Writing anti-scientology letters to the press or giving anti-scientology or anti-scientologist data to the press", "Delivering up the person of a scientologist without justifiable defense or lawful protest to the demands of civil or criminal law."
The soldiers employed by organized scientology followed up the St. Petersburg Times article with coerced and falsified affidavits in a feeble, criminal attempt to mop up their cult Capo's past infliction of cuts and bruises.

The "high crimes" quoted here from Hubbard fall under the definition of Omerta. This being the case, is organized scientology nothing more than a criminal enterprise, similar to the Mafia?

#2 lamb

lamb

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

If it isn't a criminal enterprise, it surely is a fascist one.

#3 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

If it isn't a criminal enterprise, it surely is a fascist one.

The mentality is fascist, but the organization operates on the pattern of the Mafia.

#4 AnonyMary

AnonyMary

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

That is something to really consider, knowing that it is a totalitarian organization.

In due time, the courts will decide for certain, lol

#5 Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound

Gone and not forgotten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

There are plenty of crimes, fraud, abuse and the like that can be linked to organized scientology and David Miscavige.

But, to me, their greatest crime is not one that will likely violate any local or federal penal code.

It is a crime against love itself.

When an organization makes itself more important to its members than love itself and then enforces many policies that force their members to choose the organization over what the members truly love, IMHO that organization is an abomination.

Here is what I believe. It is just my opinion and I am not trying to argue it with anyone who does not believe this:

1) I believe that most of us were conceived and born in love;

2) I believe that many of us who are truly lucky have found unconditional love and this deep seated love is often found within our families;

3) I believe that in each of us there is a vast potential for love beyond anything we may have imagined in this life. Some times we do not even know it is there until perhaps, for example, the birth of a child brings it out of us. Poetically, to me the birth of my daughter was as if she was sent from Fae itself to help me find the love that was always inside me so that I could find my way home in a spiritual sense;

4) I believe that love is our most natural and greatest asset and, to me, finding it is undoubtedly the greatest accomplishment in life;

5) I also believe that if we let that love rule our lives and the decisions we make, nothing but good can come of it for us, our loved ones and everyone else affected;

6) and, lastly, I believe that love is our path to a better place and that it is love that is calling us home.

That all said, I consider that organized scientology has put money, greed, self importance and sheer nonsense ahead of love and in countless examples has existed and acted to do its best to destroy love for such nefarious reasons.

This is found throughout organized scientology. We all know cases of people being horribly abused by David Miscavige and others. We all know of countless examples of David Miscavige and others destroying families, or at least trying to do so, through such things as disconnection. We know of people being beaten, screamed at, made to live in squalor and otherwise as they were often separated from families or other things or people that they loved.

While these sorts of things are terrible, I believe that often people do not understand that such abuse is itself inherent in their policies and actions. I would bet that every day ethics officers around the world are supporting the above even if they don’t realize it.

Around the world, staff within organized scientology are taught, violently at times, that what they are doing is far more important than love in families and otherwise as they are forced to compromise same to make money for Miscavige and the organized scientology that he controls. True love, such as that often found in families, is often ridiculed in organized scientology as “2D oriented” or the like.

Even otherwise decent public scientologists constantly buy into the lies of organized scientology and knowingly put their families at risk financially and otherwise for, at best, a selfish attempt to personally “go up the bridge” or gain some ridiculous “status” such as a “status level” within the IAS. They end up giving away money that could have supported their families thinking that it will bring them spiritual enlightenment and/or status. (To me there is NO spiritual enlightenment that can be reached on a path paved with neglect of family, with neglect of love or based on abuse. Nor is there any true spiritual enlightenment that can be bought with money).

Organized scientology was built on constant lies and money motivation of a few and exists today based on almost slave labor of many otherwise good intentioned people who have forfeited true love for the self-serving, callused lies that are organized scientology and its “goals”.

It was built on lies and it is run on lies.

And, again, I feel its greatest crime is the one against love. But the judge for this crime will not be from a Circuit Court or even the Supreme Court. The judge will be Karma. And Karma does not forget. Nor does she forgive while people are still committing crimes against love.

IMHO

#6 lamb

lamb

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

I so totally agree with you. The COS derives its power by destroying one's viewpoint on love. Once that is gone, how difficult is it to convince you to do anything for the greater good, which is always meant to be what is best for COS?

#7 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

I so totally agree with you. The COS derives its power by destroying one's viewpoint on love. Once that is gone, how difficult is it to convince you to do anything for the greater good, which is always meant to be what is best for COS?

Some examples come to mind, Lamb:

"Make enough threat or clamor to cause the enemy to quail. Always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Don't ever defend. Always attack." (HCO Policy Letter of 15 August 1960).

"Never treat a war like a skirmish. Treat all skirmishes like wars." (HCO Policy Letter of 16 February 1969).

"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause" (Code of Honor; The Creation of Human Ability, p. 5).

#8 Robbo

Robbo

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

Seems to me, not much love is or can be manifested when the group one is in, is so stressed out and hostile. Compare it to being a soldier in some war; always fighting. There's not much if any love in that paradigm. I have no doubt Organized SCN created "the war", their enemies and Org/Scn are the ones who are antagonistic and so hateful.

When karma fully sets in, all of the lies will have to be dissolved and I believe so will go the whole movement.

Rob

#9 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

Seems to me, not much love is or can be manifested when the group one is in, is so stressed out and hostile. Compare it to being a soldier in some war; always fighting. There's not much if any love in that paradigm. I have no doubt Organized SCN created "the war", their enemies and Org/Scn are the ones who are antagonistic and so hateful.
When karma fully sets in, all of the lies will have to be dissolved and I believe so will go the whole movement.
Rob

Rob,
I think the actual technology used in auditing is obsolete. The folks in metapsychology took auditing tech in 1985, dumped the OT levels and have been evolving it with recent developments in psychology into a field which, it appears to me, is a legitimate improvement without the cult organization.
I think there are styles of psychotherapy now that are more effective for certain purposes than scientology or dianetics auditing.
I have found Idenics to be very helpful in recovering from scientology.
I have posted a reading list on this forum which I have found helpful for recovery. Information has an advantage in that you can make use of it repeatedly.
But, different approaches work for different people.
Finding the means to increase your consciousness and empower yourself can be a great deal of fun.
I encourage everyone to do that, whether they have left a cult or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users