#1 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Jim is the former medical officer to L. Ron Hubbard and left scientology many years ago.
He is now a counseling psychologist who teaches and practices Forgiveness Therapy.
This therapy could help in the recovery of former scientologists.

#2 LFBD Pittsburgh

LFBD Pittsburgh

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Another excellent interview!

Jim's forgiveness site, years ago, someone told me about it, and it really helped me, just read what he wrote, I used it, and for sure, I'm a thankful recipient of the simplest of his focused ideas about forgiveness.

It's something one does for oneself, and one just forgives people, and it helps the person who forgives, and you don't even have to tell the other person that you forgave them! That's so simple, and so helpful.

It's like having one's own "solo session" and one concludes one doesn't have to blame someone else anymore!

Also Tom, hunting down the linguistic relativity subject, that too leads to some powerful ideas about how words influence people.

And the forgiveness word/concept, is just a perfect example of how words can have an emotional and mental effect.

I liked that Jim's done so much brain chemistry study, and his discussion of cortisol, and how thought changes the cortisol levels immediately!

Amazing interview!

Thanks so much Tom!

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users