#1 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:27 AM

This was related to me by a friend of mine who has left scientology after doing several OT levels and concluding that the material is nonsense. Yesterday he told me that a freezoner he knows told him that if he did not get back onto OT 3 and complete it, he might die. We laughed about it. However, I recall similar things being said when I was still in the cofs, based on Hubbard's notion that people "pull things in". It is interesting that the freezoner who told my friend this is a heavy smoker who has tried unsuccessfully to quit for several years.

#2 Robbo

Robbo

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

The was related to me by a friend of mine who has left scientology after doing several OT levels and concluding that the material is nonsense. Yesterday he told me that a freezoner he knows told him that if he did not get back onto OT 3 and complete it, he might die. We laughed about it. However, I recall similar things being said when I was still in the cofs, based on Hubbard's notion that people "pull things in". It is interesting that the freezoner who told my friend this is a heavy smoker who has tried unsuccessfully to quit for several years.

This brings to mind a topic discussed frequently having to do with what's one going to get in the FZ compared to organized $CN... well, "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, chances are..."

It's either going to be a bunch of Hubbardisms or Hubbardisms amended.

Like I said, OT III/INC II never happened here on Earth when Hubbard said it did. So much for the accuracy of a Date/Locate, right?

Congratulations to your friend.

Rob

#3 revenimus

revenimus

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

The problem is that the Freezone still has LRH to read. They're not better or worse than organized Scientology they're just simply not large enough currently to enforce Hubbardian doctrine onto people right now.

#4 ChronicEntubulator

ChronicEntubulator

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

The problem is that the Freezone still has LRH to read. They're not better or worse than organized Scientology they're just simply not large enough currently to enforce Hubbardian doctrine onto people right now.

To put it another way: there's still too much "mystery sandwich" out there.

When you sit down and read/listen to Hubbard without the artifices of "gradients", "restimulated engrams or incidents / wall of fire / OMG! DIE OF PNEUMONIA!-type hysteria", you can see for yourself that it's bogus. That's why BOTH the CoS and FZ dole little bits of Hubbard's crazy, in small, easily digestable, chunks.

Cults cannot exist when all the truth is laid bare, because no one would join if they truly knew what they were getting into.

#5 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

What I can say favorably about freezoners: They have left the "Church".
However, without enforcement of internet browsing restrictions, they still believe in Hubbard's dogma. They have the opportunity to freely look at other perspectives, but they either refuse to look at critical information or read it and dismiss it without the reasoning process.
Someone told me that freezoners were crazier than those in the "Church". I think that makes too general of a statement, but I have observed many freezoners lying to and manipulating others, just as I have seen from "Church" members. Those same folks think of themselves as social personalities and the most ethical people on the planet.
I have seen them demonstrate exactly the opposite.

#6 Robbo

Robbo

Swamper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

What's really insidious is simply...one becomes a Scientologist. It stands to reason, one then acts like one. I don't think it matters, where one is, in the "Church" or in the FZ.

I'd find it interesting to know who mostly attends the FZ, exChurchy Hubbardites or newly initiated?

#7 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

What's really insidious is simply...one becomes a Scientologist. It stands to reason, one then acts like one. I don't think it matters, where one is, in the "Church" or in the FZ.
I'd find it interesting to know who mostly attends the FZ, exChurchy Hubbardites or newly initiated?

After leaving the cofs, I received some freezone auditing and participated on some FZ mailing lists. I have never met a freezoner who did not get in from the cofs. I have only read allegation of a few freezoners who never had cofs membership.
I suspect that after the cofs tanks, the freezone membership will sharply spike then gradually decline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users