#1 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

Ian Shillington was one of the scientology hecklers who harassed German citizen Ursula Caberta when she visited the United States and arrived at Tampa International Airport. His wife's name is Valorie. They own a restaurant called 421 Cafe on Cleveland St. in Clearwater, Florida and a corporation called Organic Solutions, Inc. Valorie recently distinguished herself by harassing anonymous protestors who were walking past her restaurant in Clearwater with the epithet of "religious bigot". The anons promptly identified Valorie Shillington as a free speech bigot.
It seems that Ian gave a cancer patient an unconventional program which may have contributed to that person's death. Here is an email from that person, now deceased, to Ian Shillington:

Subject: To IAN SHILLINGTON- It has been a while for sure !!!
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:53:34 GMT
To: Doc Shillington - docshillington@verizon.net
CC: Doc@AcademyOfNaturalHealing.com

Hi Ian,
I am glad to hear from you since it gives me the opportunity to clean the house.
It surprises me that you would ask me how I am doing since you know I run an online diary since October 2003.
I am going to open my mind with you to let you know how unlucky I feel in having met you on my healing path.
Your "piece of cake" approach to serious cancer activity has fooled me in taking wrong decisions. Don't worry, I know very well what you would say... the ultimate decision lay in my hands. However this decision was made as a result of your confidence that this was an easy matter using your program. While on the program when I showed concern about the CEA rising. You said this was probably a good thing as the body was getting rid of the cancer. You could not be any further away from the truth.
I am not running away from my responsibility, but I can still point at your actions and your irresponsible words to help someone else in my situation make better decisions.
Your playing remote naturopathic doctor with serious cases and suggesting that you have alternatives to surgery... is criminal. My tumor, operable in October 2003 resulted inoperable in March 2004 and I had no alternatives to the stoma since my bowel was totally blocked. The stoma has taken away my quality of life as a physically active person.
I am in palliative care now, I better spell this for you since you don't read the diary. I had ample time to ponder on all has happened in the last few months and see what I could have done differently.
You are a very bad example of what a N.D. can be. Your arrogance in thinking that you are the only one to know what is right is inadmissible.
This is an open letter that will be added to my online diary to help other people to beware of charlatans that can have a profound effect on one's health.
Regards,
Stephen Serenelli.

#2 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

During an anonymous event at a theater on Cleveland Street in Clearwater in April 2008, Ian Shillington was seen holding a mobile broadcast video camera between his restaurant and the theater as if to intimidate those who went into and left the theater. This is the sort of thing that OSA volunteers do as part of a Fair Game tactic.

#3 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

This is the fine print from Shillington's "Organic Solutions" website:

"Because there is always some risk involved in any healing procedure, I hereby attest that Dr. Ian Shillington, his staff, and Organic Solutions are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of any products, preparations, procedures, or suggestions as outlined in lectures or in any of Dr. Shillington’s products, publications or consultations. Dr. Shillington and his staff are not licensed medical doctors. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting any advice or products, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold Dr. Ian Shillington, his staff and Organic Solutions free of any and all liability whatsoever. Please do not use any of Dr. Shillington’s products, advice, or recommendations if you are not willing to assume full responsibility for doing so. Please feel free to consult a licensed Medical Doctor, or any other qualified health professional. It is a sign of wisdom to seek a second or even third opinion. I have read all of the above and fully understand that Dr. Shillington and his staff have the sole purpose of education and that in the final analysis I am completely responsible for my own physical and mental health, and for any decisions as to what actions I take to improve my present and future personal condition. I also agree to all of the above conditions in regards any under age minor I am guardian of, and responsible for."

Looks like Ian Shillington does not want to take ANY responsibility for the adverse effects of his treatments.

#4 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Ian and Valorie Shillington have evidently sold Cafe' 421.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users