Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Brief description of EMDR
Psychologist Francine Shapiro developed EMDR.
It has been repeatedly shown as at least as effective in handling traumas as Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
If anyone has had personal experience with it, feel free to comment here.
This therapy looks like a superior alternative to dianetics and some scientology grades.

#2 nancy

nancy

Raw Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Brief description of EMDR
Psychologist Francine Shapiro developed EMDR.
It has been repeatedly shown as at least as effective in handling traumas as Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
If anyone has had personal experience with it, feel free to comment here.
This therapy looks like a superior alternative to dianetics and some scientology grades.

#3 nancy

nancy

Raw Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

I tried EDMR, in my particular case, while it did give me some relief, it was not as much as I expected. Could be because I have multiple trauma's. I know it was better than Dianetics. I have never tried Cognitive Behavior Therapy, so can't say about that.
nancy

#4 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

I read through the procedure, which you can find on the internet. It appears rather eclectic in nature, but Francine Shapiro does not completely abandon the Freudian paradigms in EMDR. And by the way, as dianetics and some scientology grades processes came out of cognitive regression therapy, Freudian paradigms lie at the basis of dianetics and scientology.
I reject the notion of repetitive regression, i.e. "moving through incidents". In my view, far more can get accomplished without doing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users