3 replies to this topic

#1 Smatty

Smatty

Raw Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:06 AM

It's so nice to have a section all just for Freezoners!

The freezone is great. ;)

#2 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

It's so nice to have a section all just for Freezoners!

The freezone is great. ;)

Do you care to discuss any personal experiences or observations?

#3 Lionheart

Lionheart

Raw Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:04 AM

A beginners guide to the FreeZone and being an ex-Scientologist

I think the FreeZone acts for some as a staging post during one's journey from Scientologist to Ex-Scientologist.

I have six personal friends who did services with the Freezone or an Independent group after leaving the CofS. They all became inactive after a while and ceased taking services in either the FZ or the Indie movement.

Usually when one leaves the CofS one still belives or hopes that there is some validity in the "tech".

If so, I think the Independent movement, as a whole, provides an opportunity to test the tech in a more open-minded way than the CofS allows.

It is important to differentiate between the so-called FreeZone and the Independent systems/groups.

----------------------------------

The FreeZone will tell you they are a group of separate practitioners of scientology with varying adherence to LRH tech. So actually one cannot say "the Freezone is great", because the freezoners themselves will tell you there is no single thing called the FZ. So all one can say is this version or that version of the FZ is "great", "poor", etc. Freezoners do all appear to call themselves scientologists, but their versions of scientology differ one to the other.

Generally most FZ practitioners still adhere to Ron's space opera OT levels type of approach, although I'm not sure how open they are about this. Some FZ groups also adhere to the expanded beliefs of Capt Bill Robertson who coined the term "FreeZone" to describe Earth as a protected zone in his expanded version of Ron's inter-galactic plot.

When approaching a FZer with the idea of taking services, I would think it a good idea to ask:
  • Do they only apply processing from the lower, non-confidential techniques of Ron's scientology?
  • Do they also deliver Ron's confidential OT levels and if so, do they stick to Ron's versions or adapt them?
  • Do they also deliver expanded confidential levels beyond Ron's levels and if so, who were they developed by?

That way you will be better informed as to which version of the FreeZone you are entering before you enter it.

Independent practitioners do not claim that they are applying scientology and do not call themselves scientologists. Generally they have developed techniques from a scientology tech base, but their techniques are different enough from "standard" scientology techniques to no longer fit the description of scientology.

Therefore one Indie group to another are drastically different from each other and from scientology as regards the techniques and objectives of their technology. One could perhaps say that the only thing they hold in common with each other and with scientology is that they use the "processing" model in their approach to helping clients. Indie groups tend to have websites and info that describe their approach so it is perhaps easier to get a handle on what they belive and practice than it is to do so with FZer movements who, even if they have a website, tend to have the scn trait of being coy about their core beliefs.

Having said that, some Indie groups also have confidential levels or procedures, a hangover from the scn idea of whether the person is "set-up" to recieve the confidential data. Some Indie groups have no confidential levels.

My advice is ask them if they do have confidential levels and if so, get them to give as much indication as possible as to the nature of their confidential beliefs/practices.

Generally, once one is out of the cult control of the CofS, one is free to shop around and ask and judge the group by their responses. This is a freedom we never had when in the CofS! :D

I realise the above are generalisations that individual FZers or Indies may take issue with, but it is an honest attempt at a beginers guide to being an ex-scientologist.

The third option is to drop the idea that the tech has any particular validity, other than a general help flow that is available in many other ways, religions, practices. One can cease to hold onto the hope that there is any particular merit in Ron's work.

This is hard for many new CofS leavers to do, because of the repeated claims of Ron's as per Keeping Scientology Working and similar dogma that he pushed on us.

Rather than holding onto the hope he gave us and looking in the FZ or Independent areas, one can look at the techniques that Ron used to bring us to the mind-set that we had as scientologists. This can be painful but liberating.

Once one understands what Ron did - for me this took a decade or more (pre-internet) - one gets a different perspective on scientology and the "tech". In my experience this results in no desire or interest in non CofS scientology techs and one's cult radar is on full alert if one decides to continue on's spiritual search. In this way the experience and time in the CofS becomes hugely valuable and one has no regrets.

All is well, as it always was and always will be! Good luck in your journey out of the CofS! ;)

#4 Rhythm

Rhythm

Midshipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

After I left the subject of scientology, I realized that there are pieces of scientology technology that are helpful, but the system of that tech is designed to mentally trap those who get involved with it. I will say that I am not aware of a more effective and efficient method of brainwashing than scientology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users